If you’re playing video games on Windows PC and suddenly one day your games are starting up again instead firing these erros of “msvcp140.dll, msvcp120.dll, msvcr120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows” making you really angry and frustrated.
This is due to msvcp140.dll, msvcp120.dll, msvcr120.dll are being corrupted. Maybe Windows did some errors fixing when one of your games crashed or blue screen happening and affected these files.
You should not download from the internet these files and replace these files in the System folder because of incompatible and security issues. You can download and install Visual C++ Redistributable 2012, 2015 to fix this but still maybe is not what used to works.
Here we show you how to fix bad image msvcp140.dll, msvcp120.dll, msvcr120.dll on Windows 10, Windows 11 without redownloading or reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable:
- Go to Settings app
- Go to Apps section
- Now search for “visual c++ redistributable”
- Click on Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 → click on Uninstall
- Click on Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 → click on Uninstall
- Now Visual C++ Redistributable Modify Setup will appear → click on Repair
- Wait for repairing process is successful then restart
- Your video games should now can be start without errors